For Christmas it’s not only about decorating the Christmas tree. To create a festive look for an event or your flower shop, the use of flowers will get you a long way. There are a couple of flowers that will represent the Christmas feeling perfectly: amaryllis, ilex, rose, eucalyptus & leucadendron.
- Amaryllis: The beautiful amaryllis flower can be the star of the Christmas season. With its present trumpet-shaped flowers in soft or deep red colours, it is the star of your forest. It comes in white, red, yellow, pink, salmon, purple, orange and bicoloured variations. Its petals are very unusual: they appear to be made of fabulous velvet. Each stem usually offers four to six impressive blooms.
- Ilex: You will probably know the ilex as holly and then mainly in red, but it is also available in other surprising colours, such as: yellow, orange, green, cream and salmon pink. They may be not as classical as red, but very surprising and trendy. Because the Ilex (or winter berry) is so strong, the branch scores high when it comes to staying beautiful in the vase. A true eyecatcher!
- Rose: The majestic rose owes this title to its global popularity as the prettiest girl in the class. A flower of which all the colours have their own special meaning. We all know the rose as the symbol of love. That’s specifically the reason we also love this stem during the holidays! This is the time of year to be with the people you love.
- Eucalyptus: You smell it from miles away: eucalyptus. For many people the eucalyptus really describes the scent of Christmas! Eucalyptus is also perfect to use to create a Christmas wreath! Last year we shared some of our favourite decorations with flowers for Christmas. Read more about that in this blog.
- Leucadendron ‘Safari Sunset’: Leucadendron originates from South Africa. There are about 80 species of flowering plants in the family Proteaceae. The bushes of this “safari flower” with woody seed pods can reach a height of 3 meters. In England they prefer to call it Cone bush. And that is due to the small pinecone at the top, where the seeds are. The Leucadendron can be recognized by the leathery, dark green leaves, flushed with red.
Christmas flowers for your flower shop from Finnflor
With these flowers you are able to create a stunning Christmas arrangement or bouquet. Did you know you can order all of these flowers in our webshop? We will buy what you order and take your order freshly from the auction to your flower shop in Finland. Contact us for more information.