Bring on summer! So many colours and different types of flowers combined together are really on-trend this season. That’s why we, at Finnflor, have selected the five summer flowers you need to use in a summer bouquet: gladiolus, iris, allium, delphinium and sunflower.
- Gladiolus: The gladiolus can certainly be considered splendid and enrapturing. This hero likes to rise high and show off all its colours, from late spring until well into the autumn. The gladiolus is distinctive because the flowers bloom on both sides of the stem: a double treat! The flowers come in white, red, yellow, pink, purple, orange, cream or multiple colours per flower.
- Iris: The iris has something mysterious. It has colours in its colour palette which other flowers don’t have. And something magical. It is named after the rainbow goddess. The iris is especially known for its many beautiful shades of blue, a colour that one doesn’t often see in cut flowers. Irises also come in many other colours including white, yellow and purple. And there are also all kinds of bi-coloured irises. The flower has three flower petals, which open completely so you can see deep into the heart of the flower.
- Allium: The long, elegant stem bears a stylish globe of tiny flowers. Some varieties are somewhat modest, whilst others make a bold statement in any bouquet, in colours ranging from white to purple and blue. There are 300 different varieties, and almost all of them bloom in the summertime.
- Delphinium: Delphinium is the blooming cousin of the ranunculus, which provides weeks of airy delight. There are an amazing 450 different varieties available in an incredible range of blues, as well as other colours. Pale blue, bright blue, dark blue and lilac. The delphinium always offers a shade of blue you’ll like. The floral spikes tower over everything enthusiastically. They look like poles with bells that start tinkling as you pass.
- Sunflower: What if you could crown just one flower queen of the summer flowers? You’d definitely choose the majestic sunflower! Did you know that in nature the flower turns with the sun during the day? She doesn’t want to miss a single ray and at night the flower turns back towards the east. We call this phenomenon heliotropism. Besides that, the sunflower symbolises the sun and love. Perfect for summer, right?!
Flowers for summer from Finnflor
We’ve added tons of new summer flowers to our webshop. In total we have over 500 different types of flowers and plants available at all times. When you log into our webshop, you are able to order the flowers you want for your flower shop. Do you have questions? Feel free to contact us! We will gladly help you.